Saturday, June 8, 2013

Another red flag day

Last night my sister and I caught up with friends we had met on Contiki in America back in November. We'd decided to grab dinner before drinks and someone suggested a dumpling house in Chinatown. I admit I had a little freak out because I didn't know what to expect calorie wise with Chinese food, but I didn't want to be a party pooper so I went. Did lots of research beforehand to get an estimate of the healthiest food/alcohol options and thought I would bein control. Turned up to the dumpling house and was informed that it was an all you can eat banquet. I've never had Chinese food before, so I didn't know what to expect. Of course, all we got were dumplings, fried spring rolls, bread puddings, noodles, rice and pumpkin cakes. None of it seemed healthy, but it was my only option and I was starving. Although it was finger food, I know I overdid it on that junk. I felt gross afterwards and hated that I didn't speak up and suggest another restaurant. I wasn't planning on drinking, but again...didn't want to be the party pooper. Didn't go overboard on the drinks though. Two glasses of white wine and a glass of vodka water...yep I got a few odd looks from the bartenders, but vodka and plain old water isn't actually that bad with a squeeze of lemon or lime!
Good thing about the whole night is that we walked a lot. The rooftop bar we went to was on the eighth floor and the elevator was way too slow to wait!

Best thing I did today was waking up early and heading straight to Zumba. I normally would have slept in and sat on the couch all day, however I do not want yesterday's bad food choices ruin my streak of 1kg losses!

No comments:

Post a Comment